Yoke Lin FUNG, PhD, Grad Dip Management, BAppSc (MLS)
Associate Professor in Medical Laboratory Science, School of Health & Sport Science, University of the Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia.
Associate Professor Lin Fung holds a PhD in internal medicine from the University of Queensland. She has over 30 years of experience in the health and research industry and has a passion for research in transfusion medicine. She has worked in tertiary hospital laboratories, led research teams at the Australian Blood Service and University of Queensland, and presently leads a USC translational research team focussed on optimising blood use. She is a Visiting Scholar as well a member of the Blood Management Committees at the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service and The Prince Charles Hospital. From 2010 to 2017, Lin was the Chair of the International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT) Granulocyte Immunobiology Working Party, where she promoted granulocyte immunobiology investigations in the Asia Pacific region through convening granulocyte practicums in Kuala Lumpur (2013) and in Bali (2015). Lin is the current ISBT Regional Director of West Pacific.
Her fields of interest include
- Evidence guided patient blood management.
- Clinical, QoL and cost effectiveness of IVIg and SCIg.
- Geriatric transfusion requirements and triggers.
- Investigating patient and blood component factors that contribute to adverse transfusion events.
- Diagnosis, investigation and research into the mechanism of TRALI.
- Developing and applying animal models to transfusion research.